Trauma healing is such a vital and important process that many aren’t currently doing, or even aware of how much it is needed.
Our guest Christa Bevan is joining us and sharing about a technique that is used called TRE Therapy. It is a tension and trauma release exercise that was developed to help release stress and tension, it also helps create stress resilience for moms, and people in general.
This is a technique that I use myself, I teach my clients, and one that even my children use.
Christa is an expert companion to other radical mothers.
She is dedicated to consciously breaking cycles of generational trauma and is sharing how she works to do that in this episode.
Christa went down the path of healing trauma through this technique after she did talk therapy, and while that was invaluable, she found that she had nothing left to talk about and was still struggling with why she was feeling this way.
She had a lightbulb moment at that point of realization that she needed to deal with her physical body.
She is sharing her journey, and also offers advice and tools on what you can do if this is something you’re struggling with as well.
You can find Christa and all of her links here on her website: christabevan.com
In this episode, we are sharing:
- TRE Therapy
- How Christa got on this path
- Talk therapy, & realizing she also needed to deal with trauma held in her physical body
- Physical expression of anxiety
- How Maranda was introduced to this therapy
- This is something that can be incorporated into every day
- Completing the stress activation cycle within your body
- What happens when this cycle isn’t getting completed
- What TRE is and what it looks like
- This therapy method is all self controlled
- We can’t stop stress from happening, but we can change the way we interact with it
- This is a normal process within the body
- How animals go through the stress cycle
- Our body naturally self regulates
- Modern conditioning to fight against that regulation
- Why we shouldn’t fight it, but actually embrace it and encourage it
- Resistance creates more stress
- TRE therapy allows us to release a lot of the tension and stress we tend to bottle up
- Why this work is so important as a mother
- Disrupting trauma from your lineage
- How that sometimes presents itself
- This works for those that don’t identify with trauma too, TRE therapy is good for every day stresses that we experience as well
- Different ways you can learn to do this
- To work with Christa, go to her website listed above and reach out there!
- Come join us in the facebook group The Postpartum Circle!
*BRAND NEW - 18 Pages of Free Postpartum Nutrition Handouts*
Courses, tools, & resources for healing in Mamas & Providers
Are your symptoms being caused by postpartum depletion, or something else?
Postpartum University® Training for Professionals:
-Postpartum Nutrition Certification
- If you are in need of support, or have questions you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR you can reach out in The Postpartum Circle Facebook group.
Where to find me: postpartumu.com