We all want the best care and optimal development for our children right from the very beginning. Science is showing us more and more that whole body health starts with the infant mama gut connection.
Whether you’re trying to conceive, newly postpartum, a professional supporting new mothers, or years into your parenting journey, this episode, with a deep dive into the infant mama gut connection, has the potential to affect the well-being of generations decades into the future!
In this conversation, I’m chatting with Erin Carroll-Manning, founder of Gentle Giraffes, Master Newborn Care Specialist, and Postpartum Doula.
As a “hybrid” NCS and PPD, Erin answers questions concerning newborn care, helps parents bathe their baby, and provides an environment for parents to bond with their newborn while coaching them toward the establishment of a solid breastfeeding supply and a routine that supports optimal development during both day and nighttime hours.
Where to find Erin Carroll-Manning:
In this episode, we are sharing:
- The reasons what we put into our bodies, especially in pregnancy matters so much, and what happens when we don’t notice and take care of gut health especially when it relates to newborns. (Hint: think about where the umbilical cord connects before the brain even begins to form!)
- What women can do even before conception to improve the pregnancy experience (see ya, morning sickness) and newborn health.
- Whether or not probiotics for newborns is an essential part of care and natural, holistic ways the gut health can be supported.
- Grab your FREE Provider's Postpartum Nutrition Toolkit
18 pages of PDF handouts that serve as your comprehensive resource for delivering whole-body nutrition care and achieving better health outcomes for the families you support.
- Learn what your symptoms really mean with our Postpartum Health Assessment
Postpartum depression, anxiety, depletion, and autoimmune issues have become a new normal.
Take the most comprehensive postpartum assessment to discover what your symptoms are telling you and even more importantly, what you can do to fix it for good.
- Get started on the path to holistic recovery with the Postpartum Nutrition Repletion Plan
- Come hang out with us on Instagram!
Feeling inspired and ready to learn more about how you can actively revolutionize postpartum care?
- Learn about the Postpartum University Professional Membership
- Stay in the loop about the Postpartum Nutrition Certification Program
- Check out our courses in Postpartum Mental Health, Postpartum Nutrition, and Herbal Care