There is no doubt that we need more support and more education around postnatal depletion.
The current systems of care continue to fail, and yet we go on treating women as if they are the problem.
Today I’m here to talk about the REAL root causes as well as the questions you need to be asking if you suspect you may be experiencing postnatal depletion.
- How am I sleeping? Am I getting enough restful, uninterrupted sleep each night?
- How am I eating? Am I maintaining a balanced, nutritious diet?
- How am I feeling emotionally? Am I experiencing feelings of depression, anxiety, or emotional stress?
- How am I feeling physically? Am I experiencing fatigue, weakness, or other physical symptoms?
- How am I bonding with my baby? Am I experiencing difficulty connecting with my baby emotionally?
- How am I coping with the stress of new motherhood? Am I using healthy coping mechanisms or relying on unhealthy ones?
- Am I experiencing any pain, discomfort or other complications from birth?
How am I managing my time and energy? Am I making time for self-care and rest?
Answering these questions may help identify the specific areas in which you may be experiencing difficulties and can help you develop a plan for addressing postnatal depletion.
In this episode, I am sharing:
- The unique sensitivities and needs of the postpartum body
- Practicing mother-centered care
- Root causes of depletion include lack of support, proper nutrition, sleep, and nervous system balance
- How our free Postpartum Recovery Quiz can help
*BRAND NEW - 18 Pages of Free Postpartum Nutrition Handouts*
Courses, tools, & resources for healing in Mamas & Providers
Are your symptoms being caused by postpartum depletion, or something else?
Postpartum University® Training for Professionals:
-Postpartum Nutrition Certification
- If you are in need of support, or have questions you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR you can reach out in The Postpartum Circle Facebook group.
Where to find me: postpartumu.com