There is no doubt that we need more support and more education around postnatal depletion.
The current systems of care continue to fail, and yet we go on treating women as if they are the problem.
Today I’m here to talk about the REAL root causes as well as the questions you need to be asking if you suspect you may be experiencing postnatal depletion.
- How am I sleeping? Am I getting enough restful, uninterrupted sleep each night?
- How am I eating? Am I maintaining a balanced, nutritious diet?
- How am I feeling emotionally? Am I experiencing feelings of depression, anxiety, or emotional stress?
- How am I feeling physically? Am I experiencing fatigue, weakness, or other physical symptoms?
- How am I bonding with my baby? Am I experiencing difficulty connecting with my baby emotionally?
- How am I coping with the stress of new motherhood? Am I using healthy coping mechanisms or relying on unhealthy ones?
- Am I experiencing any pain, discomfort or other complications from birth?
How am I managing my time and energy? Am I making time for self-care and rest?
Answering these questions may help identify the specific areas in which you may be experiencing difficulties and can help you develop a plan for addressing postnatal depletion.
In this episode, I am sharing:
- The unique sensitivities and needs of the postpartum body
- Practicing mother-centered care
- Root causes of depletion include lack of support, proper nutrition, sleep, and nervous system balance
- How our free Postpartum Recovery Quiz can help
- Grab your FREE Provider's Postpartum Nutrition Toolkit
18 pages of PDF handouts that serve as your comprehensive resource for delivering whole-body nutrition care and achieving better health outcomes for the families you support.
- Learn what your symptoms really mean with our Postpartum Health Assessment
Postpartum depression, anxiety, depletion, and autoimmune issues have become a new normal.
Take the most comprehensive postpartum assessment to discover what your symptoms are telling you and even more importantly, what you can do to fix it for good.
- Get started on the path to holistic recovery with the Postpartum Nutrition Repletion Plan
- Come hang out with us on Instagram!
Feeling inspired and ready to learn more about how you can actively revolutionize postpartum care?
- Learn about the Postpartum University Professional Membership
- Stay in the loop about the Postpartum Nutrition Certification Program
- Check out our courses in Postpartum Mental Health, Postpartum Nutrition, and Herbal Care