It is a tale as old as time and the bud of countless jokes and memes: the mother-in-law problem.
Today, we’re exploring the reasons these relationships can feel so challenging and how to move through them with Dr. Joanne Scott, a licensed clinical psychologist and expert on supporting families through the early stages of parenthood.
Postpartum is an incredibly sensitive and sacred time, and the tension that often builds with in-laws is a huge and necessary part of the conversation.
Where to find Dr. Joanne Scott:
In this episode, we are sharing:
- Why in-law relationships so challenging (and always have been)
- The tensions that build after a new baby and the role of the husband
- How to build a healthy and successful relationship
- Communicating boundaries to protect from resentment
*BRAND NEW - 18 Pages of Free Postpartum Nutrition Handouts*
Courses, tools, & resources for healing in Mamas & Providers
Are your symptoms being caused by postpartum depletion, or something else?
Postpartum University® Training for Professionals:
-Postpartum Nutrition Certification
- If you are in need of support, or have questions you can send an email to email@example.com OR you can reach out in The Postpartum Circle Facebook group.
Where to find me: postpartumu.com