The average working mother in America is unsupported and overwhelmed.
It is a tragedy that starts in the workplace and extends all the way up to government policies and agendas.
Women change profoundly after each birth and baby. To see this process and transformation as a simple inconvenience continues to be a dire mistake.
Our strengths and experiences as mothers amplify our potential as employees and professionals.
Melissa Wirt is the founder and CEO of Latched Mama, a breastfeeding and postpartum apparel company whose parent-friendly policies are setting a new standard for flexible work.
In our conversation, she doesn’t hold back on the ways our country is failing mothers at the societal and workplace levels. Listen in for the raw truth on going back to work after a baby.
Where to find Melissa Wirt:
In this episode, we are sharing:
- How Melissa started the massive brand and mission she has today
- The support and education necessary for successful and extended breastfeeding
- Ways we are failing our mothers in society and the workplace
- Collective and individual trauma around breastfeeding
- Policies that devalue the role of the mother in America
- How business owners can benefit from allowing women to show up as their new and full selves
- Our strengths and experiences as mothers amplify our potential as employees and professionals
*BRAND NEW - 18 Pages of Free Postpartum Nutrition Handouts*
Courses, tools, & resources for healing in Mamas & Providers
Are your symptoms being caused by postpartum depletion, or something else?
Postpartum University® Training for Professionals:
-Postpartum Nutrition Certification
- If you are in need of support, or have questions you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR you can reach out in The Postpartum Circle Facebook group.
Where to find me: postpartumu.com