Let’s explore the wonders of the postpartum body and uncover the science behind its unique capacity to heal deeply. Get ready to be amazed by how your body transforms and recovers during this special time.
Healing the postpartum body is different for every mama and after every birth. To crack the postpartum healing code, it’s important to understand some of the changes that occur in the postpartum body.
In this episode, I am sharing:
- The specific processes that occur in the body immediately after birth to support physical healing, emotional connection, and lactation.
- What’s happening with the nervous system and the brain and the importance of stress management to support the healing process.
- The approximate biological healing timeline that spans the first 6 years after birth and why factoring in trauma within the birth and postpartum journey is essential to the capacity of the postpartum body to heal.
- Why emotional and spiritual well-being is a vital aspect that cannot be overlooked in the postpartum period and how a holistic approach nurtures mothers emotionally and spiritually.
Pregnancy and childbirth bring about profound changes in a woman’s body, mind, and spirit, and addressing all these dimensions is crucial for achieving optimal healing and well-being.
My book, Reclaiming Postpartum Wellness, goes beyond just the recovery of the body after childbirth.
It involves nurturing the body through proper nutrition, gentle movement, and restorative practices that support tissue repair, hormonal balance, and overall vitality.
A holistic approach recognizes the importance of nourishing foods, adequate hydration, and gentle exercise tailored to the postpartum phase, which can contribute to physical healing and restoration.
Be sure to share this episode with anyone you know who is having a baby, postpartum, or supports postpartum mothers.
*BRAND NEW - 18 Pages of Free Postpartum Nutrition Handouts*
Courses, tools, & resources for healing in Mamas & Providers
Are your symptoms being caused by postpartum depletion, or something else?
Postpartum University® Training for Professionals:
-Postpartum Nutrition Certification
- If you are in need of support, or have questions you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR you can reach out in The Postpartum Circle Facebook group.
Where to find me: postpartumu.com