Food trauma and eating disorders in postpartum are becoming more and more prevalent.
It is time we take notice and realize that the first step to nourishing not only our body but also to nourishing our mind and soul, is through food.
In this interview with Alyssa Callahan, we are going to talk about re-learning to listen to our body and trust our intuition in order to really move forward and nourish our bodies. We also discuss food trauma and disordered eating in postpartum.
Big, heavy topics that can feel hard to address.
Alyssa is a registered dietician, nutritionist.
She’s a certified Intuitive Eating counselor, author of the mindful eating journal, and founder and CEO of nourished with kindness.
Whether you’re listening as a professional in this space, serving your clients into motherhood and postpartum, or a new Mama in postpartum, or just someone who loves and cares about a woman that is a mother in their life.
These things are incredibly popular and common, within our clients and within all of our own journeys, and it is so important to learn how to continue breaking the barriers to discover intuition and how to use that with food and beyond.
Be sure to listen and leave a review, then head over to join us in The Postpartum Circle Facebook group.
You can find Alyssa Callahan here:
In this episode, we are sharing:
- Meet Alyssa Callahan
- Food Trauma and Disordered Eating in Postpartum
- Nourishment is the foundation of healing
- Maslow’s hierarchy of needs & how it pertains to postpartum
- Everything suffers when your basic needs aren’t being met
- Statistics & negative thoughts and patterns with eating disorders
- You do not have to have a “diagnosed” disorder to be experiencing an eating disorder
- The struggle with food and body image
- You deserve support
- Practical eating. What it is, and why it’s so important
- Intuitive eating
- The message of it tends get really lost in translation on social media
- Fed is best, with mothers too.
- Nourishing your body
- Society and Mainstream media’s ideals and the issues that’s causing
- Is it your nervous system, or your intuition?
- Learning how to tell the difference
- If you have experienced trauma, please, seek support. You deserve it
- Grounding techniques
- Mindful Meditation
- Are you in trauma response brain?
- Gut – Brain Connection
- Comfort and connection that comes along with food
- Food is emotional
- How are you feeling? Using this question and how it can change things for you.
- Women need to be supported where they are at.
- We are all on our own journey, within our own bodies, and deserve support.
- Find Alyssa at the links above!!
- Come join us in the facebook group The Postpartum Circle!
– If you’d like to work with me, or need support, reach out here! https://marandabower.com/contact/
-Purchase my Nutrition Program https://marandabower.com/nutrition/
-Sign up for The Postpartum Nutrition Certification Programhttps://marandabower.com/certification/
Where to find me:
- Apply here to work 1:1 with me here >>>https://marandabower.com/contact/
- Email: email@example.com
*BRAND NEW - 18 Pages of Free Postpartum Nutrition Handouts*
Courses, tools, & resources for healing in Mamas & Providers
Are your symptoms being caused by postpartum depletion, or something else?
Postpartum University® Training for Professionals:
-Postpartum Nutrition Certification
- If you are in need of support, or have questions you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR you can reach out in The Postpartum Circle Facebook group.
Where to find me: postpartumu.com