Food trauma and eating disorders in postpartum are becoming more and more prevalent.
It is time we take notice and realize that the first step to nourishing not only our body but also to nourishing our mind and soul, is through food.
In this interview with Alyssa Callahan, we are going to talk about re-learning to listen to our body and trust our intuition in order to really move forward and nourish our bodies. We also discuss food trauma and disordered eating in postpartum.
Big, heavy topics that can feel hard to address.
Alyssa is a registered dietician, nutritionist.
She’s a certified Intuitive Eating counselor, author of the mindful eating journal, and founder and CEO of nourished with kindness.
Whether you’re listening as a professional in this space, serving your clients into motherhood and postpartum, or a new Mama in postpartum, or just someone who loves and cares about a woman that is a mother in their life.
These things are incredibly popular and common, within our clients and within all of our own journeys, and it is so important to learn how to continue breaking the barriers to discover intuition and how to use that with food and beyond.
Be sure to listen and leave a review, then head over to join us in The Postpartum Circle Facebook group.
You can find Alyssa Callahan here:
In this episode, we are sharing:
- Meet Alyssa Callahan
- Food Trauma and Disordered Eating in Postpartum
- Nourishment is the foundation of healing
- Maslow’s hierarchy of needs & how it pertains to postpartum
- Everything suffers when your basic needs aren’t being met
- Statistics & negative thoughts and patterns with eating disorders
- You do not have to have a “diagnosed” disorder to be experiencing an eating disorder
- The struggle with food and body image
- You deserve support
- Practical eating. What it is, and why it’s so important
- Intuitive eating
- The message of it tends get really lost in translation on social media
- Fed is best, with mothers too.
- Nourishing your body
- Society and Mainstream media’s ideals and the issues that’s causing
- Is it your nervous system, or your intuition?
- Learning how to tell the difference
- If you have experienced trauma, please, seek support. You deserve it
- Grounding techniques
- Mindful Meditation
- Are you in trauma response brain?
- Gut – Brain Connection
- Comfort and connection that comes along with food
- Food is emotional
- How are you feeling? Using this question and how it can change things for you.
- Women need to be supported where they are at.
- We are all on our own journey, within our own bodies, and deserve support.
- Find Alyssa at the links above!!
- Come join us in the facebook group The Postpartum Circle!
- Grab your FREE Provider's Postpartum Nutrition Toolkit
18 pages of PDF handouts that serve as your comprehensive resource for delivering whole-body nutrition care and achieving better health outcomes for the families you support.
- Learn what your symptoms really mean with our Postpartum Health Assessment
Postpartum depression, anxiety, depletion, and autoimmune issues have become a new normal.
Take the most comprehensive postpartum assessment to discover what your symptoms are telling you and even more importantly, what you can do to fix it for good.
- Get started on the path to holistic recovery with the Postpartum Nutrition Repletion Plan
- Come hang out with us on Instagram!
Feeling inspired and ready to learn more about how you can actively revolutionize postpartum care?
- Learn about the Postpartum University Professional Membership
- Stay in the loop about the Postpartum Nutrition Certification Program
- Check out our courses in Postpartum Mental Health, Postpartum Nutrition, and Herbal Care