In this episode, Cindy T. DeBonis, Postpartum & Breathwork Practitioner and Professional Member of Postpartum University joins us with her incredible knowledge of breath as medicine and how the way we breathe impacts so much of our health.
This is a fascinating conversation because we’re breathing all the time but we don’t think about how much our breath connects with the health of our mind and body.
Cindy T. De Bonis is a Postpartum & Breathwork Practitioner who helps overwhelmed pregnant and postpartum moms get out of their chaotic minds with simple mindfulness tools.
Let’s dive into how this incredible tool you always have at your disposal is a critical part of your health and well-being in motherhood.
Where to find Cindy DeBonis:
In this episode, we are sharing:
- The two types of breathwork (intentional practice and daily awareness) and how you can incorporate them into your routines.
- The importance of understanding the body’s states of being: rest and digest vs fight or flight and how your breath determines which state you’re in.
- Some techniques for diaphragm breathing for mental and physical postpartum recovery.The most important thing to take away from this conversation is that it’s not necessary to dive headfirst into an extensive breathwork practice. Rather, start where you are and focus on your breath a few times a day. During this conversation, Cindy will give you some practical and amazing tips for exactly how you can get started and the research to support exactly why you’ll want to.
- Grab your FREE Provider's Postpartum Nutrition Toolkit
18 pages of PDF handouts that serve as your comprehensive resource for delivering whole-body nutrition care and achieving better health outcomes for the families you support.
- Learn what your symptoms really mean with our Postpartum Health Assessment
Postpartum depression, anxiety, depletion, and autoimmune issues have become a new normal.
Take the most comprehensive postpartum assessment to discover what your symptoms are telling you and even more importantly, what you can do to fix it for good.
- Get started on the path to holistic recovery with the Postpartum Nutrition Repletion Plan
- Come hang out with us on Instagram!
Feeling inspired and ready to learn more about how you can actively revolutionize postpartum care?
- Learn about the Postpartum University Professional Membership
- Stay in the loop about the Postpartum Nutrition Certification Program
- Check out our courses in Postpartum Mental Health, Postpartum Nutrition, and Herbal Care