So, what happens when you’re a birth professional struggling with PPD/PPA?
The simple fact of the matter is, postpartum depression and anxiety can happen to anyone, regardless of the tools and knowledge you have around to prevent it.
However, being a birth professional, you may experience even more guilt and shame when you are the one struggling.
You’re likely thinking something along the lines of “it is my job to help others with this, how can I do that when I’m struggling myself.”
Corina Fitch experienced all of that and more firsthand.
Corina is a mama to 3 daughters, and a birth professional that has over 25 years of experience in the field of maternity and newborn care, both as a midwife and neonatal intensive care nurse.
Her third daughter gave her the “terrible gift” of postpartum depression and anxiety, which propelled her into a new direction and further peaked her passion for maternal wellness.
She is joining us in this episode to share her experience of PPD/PPA, and how working with me helped her to move forward.
You can find Corina Fitch here:
Corina’s retreat: https://motherflytribe.myshopify.com/pages/beta-chyrsalis
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/motherflytribe/
In this episode, we are sharing:
- Introducing Corina
- Experiencing severe postpartum depression and anxiety
- Hiding it from her community of other providers
- Doubt & overwhelm
- Hitting a very low place
- Hopelessness, then finding me & reaching out
- Supporting women in postpartum, and struggling ourselves
- Corina’s experience working with me
- Shifting perspective
- Generational trauma
- Where Corina is now after working with me
- Corina’s retreat – Chrysalis – & all the details for that (link is located above!)
- Come join us in the facebook group The Postpartum Circle!
*BRAND NEW - 18 Pages of Free Postpartum Nutrition Handouts*
Courses, tools, & resources for healing in Mamas & Providers
Are your symptoms being caused by postpartum depletion, or something else?
Postpartum University® Training for Professionals:
-Postpartum Nutrition Certification
- If you are in need of support, or have questions you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR you can reach out in The Postpartum Circle Facebook group.
Where to find me: postpartumu.com