Vegan and Vegetarian Postpartum: What you need to know; Ep29
You’ve likely heard me talk about how raw vegetables and salads are not an ideal food for you in postpartum, and if you’re a vegan or vegetarian you may be wondering how on earth you’re supposed to get what you need in postpartum if those foods aren’t suitable for your body during that time.
I’m going to break all of this down for you in this episode.
To continue a vegan or vegetarian diet, especially in postpartum, you will need extra support to fully heal.
Generally, this can be done through supplements, and possibly some modifications to your diet.
Disclaimer, I will not be pushing either diet on you or go into the differences between the two. I am here to explain the most up-to-date scientific data about these diets and my recommendations.
The health and well-being of both mother and baby, as well as the family, is very much related to nutrition. Nutrition is a foundational piece to everyone’s health.
When a mother doesn’t get what she needs nutritionally, her children and her family are also extremely impacted by this.
It is crucial, for our own health, and for the dynamic around us, to pay attention to our health and nutrition in postpartum so we are able to heal and be the best version of ourselves.
Join us in the Facebook group >>HERE<< and let us know what you thought about this episode.
In this episode, I’m sharing:
- Vegan and Vegetarian in postpartum
- Nutrition is a foundational piece to health
- Gut health issues and nutrient depletion
- Eating to heal your body
- Animal meat helps weak bodies return to health and wellness faster
- Nutrient dense bio available foods
- Enzymes and gastric acids
- Don’t add enzyme supplements
- Most nutrients are difficult to get from these diets
- Brewers yeast
- Choline vitamin
- Vitamin K
- All of our vitamins and minerals and nutrients work together
- If you’re deficient in one, it’s likely you’re deficient in multiple
- About 40% of vegan women are found deficient of iron
- Vitamin A
- Whole Foods are what helps with digesting key nutrients
- Vegan and vegetarianism is not sustainable without supplementation
- Eggs, bone broth and herbal tea can make a massive difference in how one feels and support their healing
- Get your nutrient levels tested at least every six months
- Slowly reintroduce animal products
- If you’ve got questions, come join my facebook group The Postpartum Circle
*BRAND NEW - 18 Pages of Free Postpartum Nutrition Handouts*
- Download the free collection HERE!
Courses, tools, & resources for healing in Mamas & Providers
- Postpartum Repletion(Nutrition) Plan
Are your symptoms being caused by postpartum depletion, or something else?
- Take The Postpartum Assessment HERE!
Postpartum University® Training for Professionals:
-Holistic Postpartum Nutrition Training
-Postpartum Nutrition Certification
- If you are in need of support, or have questions you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR you can reach out in The Postpartum Circle Facebook group.
Where to find me: postpartumu.com