The Slow Postpartum Movement: Interview with Jojo Hogan; Podcast EP7
We have our very first guest on this podcast, Jojo Hogan of Slow Postpartum!
Jojo has been involved in the care of pregnant and postpartum women for nearly 20 years of her life.
We get into deep discussion on the importance of postpartum and how much study and research lack in offering women the support that is so desperately needed during this time, what led us both to this path of supporting women on this journey, and how we now work to give this support to them in the absolute best ways possible.
I highly recommend that you go check out Jojo, if you’re pregnant, especially, you need to go take a look at the work that she’s doing in this world.
You don’t want to miss out on what I refer to as the Slow Postpartum Movement where the work that she is doing is changing lives!
~~Find Jojo Hogan on her platforms and her offers: https://linktr.ee/slowpostpartum
In this episode, we share with you:
- Introducing Jojo Hogan
- Jojo’s story in transitioning from caring for the pregnant woman, to focusing on women in postpartum
- The stigma around feeling as if things have to be “good” as a Mama-Caring for a mother up until delivery, but then who was caring for her afterwards?
- Postpartum was always a “blip” on the radar for courses with mothers preparing during pregnancy for delivery/postpartum
- Attention needs to be drawn to other significant parts of this journey into motherhood, not just birth
- Food is medicine, food is healing
- The history of what different cultures were feeding postpartum women and offering them for care
- The concept of Slow Food-The importance of postpartum planning-Different ways to work with Jojo and where to find her https://linktr.ee/slowpostpartum
*BRAND NEW - 18 Pages of Free Postpartum Nutrition Handouts*
- Download the free collection HERE!
Courses, tools, & resources for healing in Mamas & Providers
- Postpartum Repletion(Nutrition) Plan
Are your symptoms being caused by postpartum depletion, or something else?
- Take The Postpartum Assessment HERE!
Postpartum University® Training for Professionals:
-Holistic Postpartum Nutrition Training
-Postpartum Nutrition Certification
- If you are in need of support, or have questions you can send an email to email@example.com OR you can reach out in The Postpartum Circle Facebook group.
Where to find me: postpartumu.com