String together the words home and birth around a group of people and you’re likely to receive some intense reactions.
In a perfect world, all mothers would be able to birth where they feel the most comfortable and safe – freely and without judgment.
Skylar Ibarra is a licensed psychotherapist with an emphasis in perinatal trauma and a home birth mama of 2. She joins us today to speak on the trauma that too often controls this narrative, and the mental and emotional challenges that arise when making the choice to birth at home.
She walks us through setting boundaries, determining our needs, navigating societal judgments, and so much more. This is a conversation you do not want to miss.
Where to find Skylar Ibarra:
In this episode, we are sharing:
- Skylar’s early introduction to home birth
- Birthing where you feel the most safe
- Mental and emotional challenges of home births
- Critical societal and family judgements
- Ways trauma can control the narrative
- Needs vs wants vs preferences
- Getting a reluctant partner on board
- Using your own values to determine the path forward
*BRAND NEW - 18 Pages of Free Postpartum Nutrition Handouts*
Courses, tools, & resources for healing in Mamas & Providers
Are your symptoms being caused by postpartum depletion, or something else?
Postpartum University® Training for Professionals:
-Postpartum Nutrition Certification
- If you are in need of support, or have questions you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR you can reach out in The Postpartum Circle Facebook group.
Where to find me: postpartumu.com