Pregnancy Depression with Angela Mancini: Ep72
The first signs of postpartum depression can often be traced back to pregnancy, and we do NOT talk about it enough.
Pregnancy is joyful, scary, beautiful, and hard work. As is postpartum. As is motherhood.
Whenever hormonal imbalances and a lack of support are present, depression and anxiety will be the natural result. It is so important that we don’t limit this to the postpartum period. The earlier we are supported, the faster we are able to make our way to the other side.
In today’s episode, we’re talking to Angela Mancini, a Doula, Licensed Therapist, and Perinatal Mood Disorder Specialist.
As a professional who experienced dark days of depression herself, she is here to speak on the stigma as well as the path forward.
Where to find Angela Mancini:
La Luna Counseling
In this episode on pregnancy depression, we are sharing:
- The dark days of postpartum depression and how it can develop in pregnancy
- Angela’s journey as a licensed therapist who experienced postpartum mood disorders, as well as the stigma for professionals in this field
- Roots of postpartum depression can often be traced back to pregnancy
- What are the first symptoms to look for
- How to find emotional support before birth and postpartum
- When birth is connected to trauma
- Rewriting the story
*BRAND NEW - 18 Pages of Free Postpartum Nutrition Handouts*
- Download the free collection HERE!
Courses, tools, & resources for healing in Mamas & Providers
- Postpartum Repletion(Nutrition) Plan
Are your symptoms being caused by postpartum depletion, or something else?
- Take The Postpartum Assessment HERE!
Postpartum University® Training for Professionals:
-Holistic Postpartum Nutrition Training
-Postpartum Nutrition Certification
- If you are in need of support, or have questions you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR you can reach out in The Postpartum Circle Facebook group.
Where to find me: postpartumu.com