Motherhood has a special way of bringing us face to face with the darkest pieces of ourselves.
Today on the Postpartum University Podcast, I’m talking with Jessie Kazner about the joy, peace, and healing that can be found when we face these seasons with acceptance and presence over ego and control.
Jessie is a writer, former reporter, actress, and author of Don’t Just Sit There, Do Nothing. She shares her unique experience as a child immigrant from the Soviet Union and how deep hardship has defined her journey through parenting and back home to herself.
Where to find Jessie Kazner:
In this episode, we are sharing:
- The connection between childhood trauma and motherhood
- Using ancient wisdom to overcome postpartum depression
- Facing the anxiety of sitting with ourselves
- Acceptance of the present moment, including the mess
- Our children are our greatest teachers
- Postpartum as a divine opportunity to heal
- Listening to your intuition and finding your own way
- Interested in cultivating more peace and presence in your own life? Check out Jessie’s website to read the first two chapters of her book for free!
- Grab your FREE Provider's Postpartum Nutrition Toolkit
18 pages of PDF handouts that serve as your comprehensive resource for delivering whole-body nutrition care and achieving better health outcomes for the families you support.
- Learn what your symptoms really mean with our Postpartum Health Assessment
Postpartum depression, anxiety, depletion, and autoimmune issues have become a new normal.
Take the most comprehensive postpartum assessment to discover what your symptoms are telling you and even more importantly, what you can do to fix it for good.
- Get started on the path to holistic recovery with the Postpartum Nutrition Repletion Plan
- Come hang out with us on Instagram!
Feeling inspired and ready to learn more about how you can actively revolutionize postpartum care?
- Learn about the Postpartum University Professional Membership
- Stay in the loop about the Postpartum Nutrition Certification Program
- Check out our courses in Postpartum Mental Health, Postpartum Nutrition, and Herbal Care