Statistically speaking, new mothers within the US are entering postpartum very depleted of key nutrients. Many of those nutrients have been clinically linked to mental health challenges like postpartum depression and anxiety. And they are also linked to postpartum autoimmune disease, especially when these deficiencies go on for a long period of time.
This is NOT a mainstream conversation most healthcare providers are having.
So it’s an episode you won’t want to miss if you work with or are one of the 30% of women diagnosed with a postpartum autoimmune disease!
Dr. David Bilstrom is a highly-accomplished physician, author, speaker, and educator with over three decades of experience in the medical field. He is the founder of the Autoimmune Paradigm Experts Course and serves as the Medical Director of the International Autoimmune Institute & Bingham Memorial Center for Functional Medicine. Dr. Bilstrom holds quadruple board certifications in Functional and Regenerative Medicine, Integrative Medicine, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, and Medical Acupuncture.
His primary focus is on reversing and preventing autoimmune disease, and his mission is to revolutionize the way autoimmune disease is treated worldwide by teaching the fundamentals of Functional Medicine.
Where to find Dr. David Bilstrom:
In this episode, we are sharing:
- A detailed look into the two main factors that contribute to postpartum autoimmune disease: hormone imbalance (estrogen dominance) and epigenetics (think X chromosomes).
- How understanding epigenetics is important for moms and how it can help their recovery. Basically, it’s all about flipping on the healthy genes (hi, meditation and nutrition) and flipping off the unhealthy ones (we see you, sleep deprivation and stress).
- The nutrients that are most essential for preventing and reversing the autoimmune process.
As if those points weren’t fascinating enough, you’ll definitely want to listen in to find out what the heck fetal-maternal microchimerism is and why it’s so important in breaking the generational cycles of chronic disease.
- Grab your FREE Provider's Postpartum Nutrition Toolkit
18 pages of PDF handouts that serve as your comprehensive resource for delivering whole-body nutrition care and achieving better health outcomes for the families you support.
- Learn what your symptoms really mean with our Postpartum Health Assessment
Postpartum depression, anxiety, depletion, and autoimmune issues have become a new normal.
Take the most comprehensive postpartum assessment to discover what your symptoms are telling you and even more importantly, what you can do to fix it for good.
- Get started on the path to holistic recovery with the Postpartum Nutrition Repletion Plan
- Come hang out with us on Instagram!
Feeling inspired and ready to learn more about how you can actively revolutionize postpartum care?
- Learn about the Postpartum University Professional Membership
- Stay in the loop about the Postpartum Nutrition Certification Program
- Check out our courses in Postpartum Mental Health, Postpartum Nutrition, and Herbal Care