Postpartum Autoimmune Diseases with Dr. David Bilstrom: EP112
Statistically speaking, new mothers within the US are entering postpartum very depleted of key nutrients. Many of those nutrients have been clinically linked to mental health challenges like postpartum depression and anxiety. And they are also linked to postpartum autoimmune disease, especially when these deficiencies go on for a long period of time.
This is NOT a mainstream conversation most healthcare providers are having.
So it’s an episode you won’t want to miss if you work with or are one of the 30% of women diagnosed with a postpartum autoimmune disease!
Dr. David Bilstrom is a highly-accomplished physician, author, speaker, and educator with over three decades of experience in the medical field. He is the founder of the Autoimmune Paradigm Experts Course and serves as the Medical Director of the International Autoimmune Institute & Bingham Memorial Center for Functional Medicine. Dr. Bilstrom holds quadruple board certifications in Functional and Regenerative Medicine, Integrative Medicine, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, and Medical Acupuncture.
His primary focus is on reversing and preventing autoimmune disease, and his mission is to revolutionize the way autoimmune disease is treated worldwide by teaching the fundamentals of Functional Medicine.
Where to find Dr. David Bilstrom:
In this episode, we are sharing:
- A detailed look into the two main factors that contribute to postpartum autoimmune disease: hormone imbalance (estrogen dominance) and epigenetics (think X chromosomes).
- How understanding epigenetics is important for moms and how it can help their recovery. Basically, it’s all about flipping on the healthy genes (hi, meditation and nutrition) and flipping off the unhealthy ones (we see you, sleep deprivation and stress).
- The nutrients that are most essential for preventing and reversing the autoimmune process.
As if those points weren’t fascinating enough, you’ll definitely want to listen in to find out what the heck fetal-maternal microchimerism is and why it’s so important in breaking the generational cycles of chronic disease.
*BRAND NEW - 18 Pages of Free Postpartum Nutrition Handouts*
- Download the free collection HERE!
Courses, tools, & resources for healing in Mamas & Providers
- Postpartum Repletion(Nutrition) Plan
Are your symptoms being caused by postpartum depletion, or something else?
- Take The Postpartum Assessment HERE!
Postpartum University® Training for Professionals:
-Holistic Postpartum Nutrition Training
-Postpartum Nutrition Certification
- If you are in need of support, or have questions you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR you can reach out in The Postpartum Circle Facebook group.
Where to find me: postpartumu.com