Let’s address placenta encapsulation and consumption.
I get questions regarding this topic VERY frequently.
Questions I tend to get in regards to this topic are: “Is this something that’s beneficial to us? Does it reduce the signs and risks of postpartum depression and anxiety? Does this have any effect on my breast milk? Is this safe?”…the list goes on and on.
So many women report and share how helpful it has been for them, but it is not always an easy decision to make when it’s something you know so little about.
In this episode, I am going to share with you some science behind placenta encapsulation and consumption, share my overall thoughts, and address the many questions and concerns I get in regards to this topic.
If you’re considering consuming your placenta, or just want to learn more about it I highly encourage you to listen to this episode, then come join us in The Postpartum Circle Facebook Group where you can follow up with any questions you may have or if you have consumed your placenta, we would love you to share your thoughts and experience in doing so!
In this episode, I’m sharing:
- Consuming your placenta
- Frequently asked questions
- The idea behind why we think mammals consume their placentas
- Hemorrhaging and consuming your placenta
- Using this as a support system and preventative for postpartum depression and anxiety
- Myths about the placenta
- Why encapsulate the placenta?
- A couple of poor-quality studies done in the 1900s
- Women’s reports on positive results
- My postpartum experience with placenta encapsulation and consumption
- Taking science, or lack thereof, into account
- Iron deficiency (anemia)
- Anemia – links to postpartum depression
- Two studies were done in 2016
- Sensitivity of our bodies and systems in postpartum
- Pilot Study with Placenta Encapsulation
- Sometimes the opposite occurs, it is not for everyone
- The need for more, and better research
- Do your own research from all resources & do what’s best for you and your family
- Come join us in the Facebook group The Postpartum Circle!
*BRAND NEW - 18 Pages of Free Postpartum Nutrition Handouts*
Courses, tools, & resources for healing in Mamas & Providers
Are your symptoms being caused by postpartum depletion, or something else?
Postpartum University® Training for Professionals:
-Postpartum Nutrition Certification
- If you are in need of support, or have questions you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR you can reach out in The Postpartum Circle Facebook group.
Where to find me: postpartumu.com