My Postpartum Journey with Depression, Anxiety, Bi-Polar, and an Autoimmune Disease and How I Healed: Podcast EP4
By working through my own trauma, balancing of hormones, learning to prioritize my sleep, and nurture my body with the right foods for a body that is healing from both pregnancy and birth I have perfected these methods of healing for women in postpartum.
Through my own experiences and research I now teach and have taught 1000’s of women to take back control of their postpartum experience so that they can too create the bliss they deserve.
If you want to work together with me you can reach me here, https://marandabower.com/contact/, or if you are seeking support from a counselor or therapist, or your provider, or you’re seeking out a nutrition coach or counselor, whatever it is that you are doing to get the support that you need. Just know that that support exists, and that support is also necessary, as we’re going through these postpartum changes.
In this episode, I’m sharing with you:
- Sharing my raw and vulnerable journeys of postpartum
- Preparing for my first birth, settling for nothing less than the absolute best
- Knowing nothing about the unique needs of my newly postpartum body
- Research doesn’t really prepare you for the unfolding of postpartum depression
- I dedicated myself to learning all that I could about healing my postpartum body and mind
- Reconnecting with Myself
- Determined not to have the same experience with 2nd birth, but several months after falling into rage and depression
- Diagnosis of ulcerative colitis – a postpartum autoimmune disease
- The reality of depression in pregnancy, and how little it’s talked about
- Leaning into the feelings and finding support from my provider
- Postpartum bi-polar, and healing it with nutrition, sleep and support.
- Creating your own postpartum bliss through healing
- If you’d like to work with me, or need support reach out here! https://marandabower.com/contact/
*BRAND NEW - 18 Pages of Free Postpartum Nutrition Handouts*
- Download the free collection HERE!
Courses, tools, & resources for healing in Mamas & Providers
- Postpartum Repletion(Nutrition) Plan
Are your symptoms being caused by postpartum depletion, or something else?
- Take The Postpartum Assessment HERE!
Postpartum University® Training for Professionals:
-Holistic Postpartum Nutrition Training
-Postpartum Nutrition Certification
- If you are in need of support, or have questions you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR you can reach out in The Postpartum Circle Facebook group.
Where to find me: postpartumu.com