Zoe Etkin, the co-founder of Embodied Doula Trainings, joins us in this episode to discuss motherhood and identity shifts and shows how to navigate our identities as we go through this massive life change.
Zoe is a national leader in the birth and postpartum world. After spending many years doing this work in her own community, she has opened up her practice to support so many more in this profound inner journey that is motherhood.
She’s the author of several books, and I can’t wait to share with you all of her wisdom.
In the path to motherhood, so much of who we are is challenged and changed when we are, quite literally, cracked wide open and left raw.
Whether you are a provider or a new mother, this episode will challenge you and help you look deeper into the psycho-spiritual changes and the identity shifts that occur in postpartum.
It will help show you how to better expand and embody care for not only ourselves as mothers, but also the mothers we are caring for as providers and our friends and families as they step into parenthood.
Fellow providers, I challenge you to take the information from this episode and ask yourself this question, how are you honoring the identity shifts that occur in motherhood and beyond for your clients?
I can’t wait for you to listen in on this.
Let’s connect afterward in the postpartum circle Facebook group, let us know your thoughts!
We’ll see you there.
You can find Zoe – Embodiment Doula here:
Embodied Doula Training:
In this episode, we are sharing:
- Introducing Zoe Etkin
- How Zoe started out
- Psycho spiritual
- The profound transition that occurs going into postpartum
- Grief & The Shadow side that is rarely talked about
- Helping mothers navigate this transformation
- Identity shifts in postpartum
- The energetic outpour that occurs after childbirth
- Childbirth cracks you wide open
- The struggle to see past the “immediate postpartum” & initial fog
- The lifting of the fog
- Being in a period of immense change, and riding it out
- There is a shattering of who you are when you become a mother
- Learning how to pick up all the pieces, and accepting that they are a bit changed
- Even through the change, the old you is still there
- The most essential type of self-care in postpartum
- Your child may be your whole world, but they don’t have to be your entire life
- You are allowed to have an identity outside of your children and motherhood
- Take the opportunity of exploring who you are while all these layers are exposed
- Postpartum is a beautiful opportunity to rebirth yourself as something even more wonderful and complex
- It doesn’t have to be radical, baby steps are okay!
- Allowing new mothers to explore their identities and feel rested and nurtured
- How providers, and doula’s hold space and help their clients do all of this
- Providers, learn how to initiate these conversations!
- Come join us in the facebook group The Postpartum Circle!
– If you’d like to work with me, or need support, reach out here! https://marandabower.com/contact/
-Purchase my Nutrition Program https://marandabower.com/nutrition/
-Sign up for The Postpartum Nutrition Certification Program https://marandabower.com/certification/
Where to find me:
- Apply here to work 1:1 with me here >>> https://marandabower.com/contact/
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/postpartummaranda
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/postpartummaranda/
- Website: https://marandabower.com/
*BRAND NEW - 18 Pages of Free Postpartum Nutrition Handouts*
Courses, tools, & resources for healing in Mamas & Providers
Are your symptoms being caused by postpartum depletion, or something else?
Postpartum University® Training for Professionals:
-Postpartum Nutrition Certification
- If you are in need of support, or have questions you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR you can reach out in The Postpartum Circle Facebook group.
Where to find me: postpartumu.com