Miscarriage and Loss: Podcast EP9
We are going to be talking about a topic here that is likely going to be the hardest episode we will ever do on this podcast.
I believe that this information should be readily available to you but unfortunately, it is not.
Therefore, I am going to end the tendency to brush off or minimize a miscarriage.
This episode is going to be for everyone. Whether you have had a miscarriage or not, you will find valuable information in this episode.
If you haven’t had a miscarriage, it is still extremely likely that someone in your life has, and this episode will give you some insight as to how to support them.
Buckle up and get ready for an eye-opening episode. Let’s work together and get the correct information out there and help each other through a difficult time.
Be sure to share this podcast so we can change the stigmas and misinformation around miscarriage and loss.
In this episode, I share with you:
- Miscarriages are thrown under the rug too much
- 20% of all pregnancies end in loss
- 1 in 5 pregnant women will experience a loss
- In history, women who miscarried were deemed inadequate
- Feeling the pain of the women before us
- There is no right or wrong way to feel
- We all mourn differently
- Don’t let people tell you how to or not to feel while experiencing this grief
- How you grieve is 1,000% valid, no matter how it is
- Grief can manifest it into other health issues if not dealt with
- Grief will show up in so many ways, that doesn’t always feel or look like grief
- Grief is often masked as postpartum depression
- Depression is simply a rational response to being overly stressed with no support
- Not everyone will understand your pain
- It doesn’t matter how far in the pregnancy the loss of a baby was experienced, it is still a loss
- Ask how you can support them
- Moms who have experienced a miscarriage won’t start the conversation
- Find the support to heal
- You are not alone in this journey
- Don’t betray your body
- Verbalize your needs
- We need to normalize miscarriages
- If you’re not sure where to start, reach out to me, to someone you trust, or to your provider. Whatever you do, it’s time to take your healing seriously, and I am with you every step of the way.
*BRAND NEW - 18 Pages of Free Postpartum Nutrition Handouts*
- Download the free collection HERE!
Courses, tools, & resources for healing in Mamas & Providers
- Postpartum Repletion(Nutrition) Plan
Are your symptoms being caused by postpartum depletion, or something else?
- Take The Postpartum Assessment HERE!
Postpartum University® Training for Professionals:
-Holistic Postpartum Nutrition Training
-Postpartum Nutrition Certification
- If you are in need of support, or have questions you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR you can reach out in The Postpartum Circle Facebook group.
Where to find me: postpartumu.com