Living in desire vs. fear.
Are you connecting yourself to your truest desires or just the avoidance of your fears?
This is a phenomenal question for both providers, and Mamas, regardless of what phase you’re in.
It all really comes down to how you or your client wants to feel. Then focusing on how to create that, instead of living in the space of fear and over-focusing on those aspects.
Monique Cowan is joining us as a guest in this episode.
She is a birth and postpartum doula and lactation educator. Monique’s mission is to help mothers understand and connect them with their own innate and inalienable power.
To truly support her clients holistically, so that birth and postpartum are full of love and joy and power. And to make that the norm, not the exception.
As you’re listening in to this, I really want you to take into consideration…How are you connecting yourself, or your clients to their truest desires?
We hope you enjoy this interview! We would love for you to go leave us a review, then head over to join us in The Postpartum Circle Facebook group.
You can find Monique Cowan here: Instagram
In this episode, we are sharing:
- Meet Monique Cowan
- Getting started as a doula
- Holding space for clients and connecting them to their true desires
- We all know what it is that we don’t want, learning how to switch our mindset from that, to focusing on what it is that we do want and how to create it.
- Getting very intentional about what you want, in all areas
- Getting to a place of joy and delight
- Stress hormones and their effects
- Fear & how it impacts labor and birth
- Finding a way to bring those fears to a minimum
- Mindset is everything
- The stress cycle that can happen from labor into postpartum that we want to avoid
- How we can help improve health outcomes, regardless of how we serve our clients
- Learning both the medical model and holisitic model of care
- Learning to truly listen to our clients
- Offering solutions, that work for the person you’re helping
- Becoming the guinea pig when necessary
- Our experiences tend to shape our work
- Shaping experiences of childbirth through being given options and being supported throughout them, especially when things didn’t go as anticipated.
- How to find healing in postpartum from a traumatic labor or birth experience
- Getting our Mama’s nourished and nurtured
- We can treat things like they’re going to be good and normal
- You can follow Monique on Instagram (linked above)
- Come join us in the Facebook group The Postpartum Circle!
– If you’d like to work with me, or need support, reach out here! https://marandabower.com/contact/
-Purchase my Nutrition Program https://marandabower.com/nutrition/
-Sign up for The Postpartum Nutrition Certification Programhttps://marandabower.com/certification/
Where to find me:
- Apply here to work 1:1 with me here >>>https://marandabower.com/contact/
- Email: email@example.com
*BRAND NEW - 18 Pages of Free Postpartum Nutrition Handouts*
Courses, tools, & resources for healing in Mamas & Providers
Are your symptoms being caused by postpartum depletion, or something else?
Postpartum University® Training for Professionals:
-Postpartum Nutrition Certification
- If you are in need of support, or have questions you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR you can reach out in The Postpartum Circle Facebook group.
Where to find me: postpartumu.com