We are going to get into quite a hot topic around how the postpartum body actually gets depression, anxiety, and autoimmune diseases.
While all bodies and backgrounds and situations are different, these different things all create a starting point for your health and postpartum.
When we are able to understand the how, and the why of why these things occur in so many women in the years after having a baby, that information can be used to prevent it from occurring, and even completely reverse the damage of not knowing how to heal our body or how it functions during this transition.
So buckle up and get ready for an eye-opening episode all about nutrients, hormones, and how these things affect your body differently in pregnancy and postpartum.
Be sure to follow this podcast so you never miss an episode when it goes live and leave a review!
In this episode, I share with you:
- Maternal Mental Health Issues, why are so many struggling with them postpartum?
- Every Body is different. Different backgrounds, different socio economic statuses, different diets and deficiencies, different birth experiences, these all create a starting point of your health and postpartum journey.
- Nutrients and hormones while growing a baby
- Running on deficiency
- The physical trauma of childbirth, sending your body immediately into survival mode
- Experiencing birth trauma creates an Overactive Nervous System
- Processes in the body slow down rapidly after you give birth.
- Changes in digestion after birth
- Learn to eat in a way that is beneficial for your healing body
- Your body struggles to absorb nutrients
- Sleep Deprivation and lack of nutrients leads to hormone irregularities
- Hormone Fluctuations are NORMAL in postpartum, but they need to be supported by sleep and nutrients
- Major Symptoms of a larger problem
- Postpartum mood disorders and autoimmune issues are common, but they are not “normal”
- Education is a huge piece to this puzzle
- If you’re not sure where to start, reach out to me, to someone you trust, or to your provider. Whatever you do, it’s time to take your healing seriously, and I am with you every step of the way.
*BRAND NEW - 18 Pages of Free Postpartum Nutrition Handouts*
Courses, tools, & resources for healing in Mamas & Providers
Are your symptoms being caused by postpartum depletion, or something else?
Postpartum University® Training for Professionals:
-Postpartum Nutrition Certification
- If you are in need of support, or have questions you can send an email to email@example.com OR you can reach out in The Postpartum Circle Facebook group.
Where to find me: postpartumu.com