Food is very emotional, in fact, it is one of our very first emotional attachments as infants.
Food is also a huge part of the community and connection to others, especially around the holidays.
There are studies that prove that the state of mind you’re in when eating, may have more benefits than just simply eating healthy food.
So begrudgingly eating healthy foods, or guilt-tripping yourself over the desert you ate really isn’t serving you well.
I want you to take into consideration and truly know that the decisions you are faced with around food, Holidays, and eating may feel hard and complicated, but these decisions aren’t just about the food at the surface level.
It goes much deeper than that, and that’s why it can feel so difficult.
If you want to learn how to use food as a tool to support you both emotionally and physically, even during the Holidays when you’re surrounded by goodies, then be sure to listen to this episode.
I’m going to share all about the emotional connection that each of us has to food and how you can use it to support you through not only the holidays but every day.
In this episode, I’m sharing:
- How to eat well during the Holidays
- Food is emotional
- We learn from infancy, that food is good
- The Mind Gut Connection by Dr. Emeran Mayer MD
- Your response to food is normal
- Food is more than just emotional, it’s also a bonding tool
- There is almost never enough community during postpartum
- The benefits of the Mediterranean diet
- Our state of mind while eating food
- Avoiding anything & everything that will cause you inflammation
- Going out to eat
- Planning meals with friends & family
- MY food is MY responsibility
- Your stomach has more nerve cells than your brain
- We aren’t just eating to replenish and sustain, we eat for comfort
- Guilt & Shame around indulging
- Operating from a trauma state
- Asking your soul not your body what you’re needing from this particular food
- Assessing your needs & fulfilling them before indulging
- Avoid the guilt and shame for “not eating the right foods”
- Have a wonderful Holiday season!
- Come join us in the facebook group The Postpartum Circle!
*BRAND NEW - 18 Pages of Free Postpartum Nutrition Handouts*
Courses, tools, & resources for healing in Mamas & Providers
Are your symptoms being caused by postpartum depletion, or something else?
Postpartum University® Training for Professionals:
-Postpartum Nutrition Certification
- If you are in need of support, or have questions you can send an email to email@example.com OR you can reach out in The Postpartum Circle Facebook group.
Where to find me: postpartumu.com