Breastfeeding Trauma and Planning for Postpartum with Jessi Sletten: Podcast Ep21
Jessi Sletten is joining us today on the podcast.
She is a trauma-informed Postpartum Empowerment Coach, a Certified Lactation Counselor, and a Certified Postpartum Nutrition Coach.
She helps moms exchange surviving for thriving through creating holistic postpartum recovery plans focused on healing, nourishing, and bonding.
The story that Jessi is sharing today is eye-opening to the trauma you can have during postpartum breastfeeding.
She has so much to share about her journey on healing in postpartum after her first baby, all the way to her journey of having baby number two.
Come listen in and make sure you don’t miss the free resource that she has for moms-to-be.
Be sure to share any thoughts you have on this episode in a review and follow so you don’t miss the weekly release of episodes!
Find Jessi on Instagram
Find Jessi on Facebook
Find Jessi’s Free resource
In this episode, we are sharing with you:
- Introducing Jessi
- Sharing her story
- Focusing so much on the birth plan and nothing after that
- Struggling with breastfeeding
- Helping moms feel empowered before they feel like they’re drowning
- Too much focus is on the birth & not enough on the healing after
- Wanting to breastfeed & how it goes sets the stage for postpartum
- Not being able to breastfeed made her feel like a failure
- Breastfeeding trauma
- Trauma is in the eye of the beholder
- When what you had envisioned falls apart
- I cannot let my past dictate my future
- Work with a lactation professional
- You can’t move on until you’ve healed yourself
- Nutrition healed me from the inside out
- The shame attached to postpartum trauma
- Prepare the tools and the support systems beforehand
- Check out Jessi’s class called Surviving to Thriving: Creating Your Postpartum Plan Masterclass
*BRAND NEW - 18 Pages of Free Postpartum Nutrition Handouts*
- Download the free collection HERE!
Courses, tools, & resources for healing in Mamas & Providers
- Postpartum Repletion(Nutrition) Plan
Are your symptoms being caused by postpartum depletion, or something else?
- Take The Postpartum Assessment HERE!
Postpartum University® Training for Professionals:
-Holistic Postpartum Nutrition Training
-Postpartum Nutrition Certification
- If you are in need of support, or have questions you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR you can reach out in The Postpartum Circle Facebook group.
Where to find me: postpartumu.com