I am so glad you have found my podcast and I can’t wait to share all of the hugely important information surrounding postpartum with you.
I have so much to say about postpartum health and well being, and much of what I’m going to share with you does not really fit the mold.
There are some massive myths and misconceptions around postpartum in the years after, and all of that is deeply affecting the way we as mothers experience motherhood.
These myths and misconceptions are happening for two main reasons: One reason is, there just isn’t a lot of data or science on postpartum and caring for mothers, it just doesn’t exist. The second reason is women are making up their own formulas and plans and solutions to fill a huge need for this gap in our healthcare.
I can’t wait to dive into the depths of postpartum with all of you and find ways to support you along this journey. Make sure to leave a review and follow the podcast so you never miss a new episode when it goes live! Thank you for being here!If you want to work together with me you can reach me here, https://marandabower.com/contact/.
In this episode, I’m sharing with you:
- Common misconceptions around women in postpartum and their needs
- Lack of science and data on postpartum and caring for mothers
- Misinformation that is so readily available for mothers searching for help, that doesn’t treat the cause of any issues
- The importance of taking control of your healing
- While community after childbirth would be wonderful, it is not communities fault
- We need to stand up and demand the support we desperately need AND deserve
- While communities and people need educated on postpartum, we cannot rely on them for our healing when we are all suffering with these issues
- Why postpartum?
- Science and information behind the importance of postpartum healing and nutrition
- It all begins with you
- Introducing all of my wonderful Launch Affiliate Sisters that support women and have helped make this possible (All links will be listed below in resources! Be sure to reach out to them if their services can support you!)
- If you’d like to work with me, or need support reach out here! https://marandabower.com/contact/
Launch Affiliate Sisters:
To all of you who’s made this podcast a reality, thank you. You are changing and saving the lives of many women.
Logan Spacek is called to serve mothers in their respective journeys to thrive holistically in the postpartum period. With a natural ability to balance her empathetic, passionate nature with a joyful, fun energy, Logan helps to restore women during pregnancy and postpartum through wellness coaching and pelvic physical therapy, with a focus on mental and emotional well-being. It is a journey Logan knows both professional and personally. Her own experience with health issues called her to start questioning why anxiety and depression are the number one complications post-birth. She is passionate about raising her children while maintaining her personal identity and wellness as a mom, living her Christianity, and being intentional about time spent with family and friends.
Janelle Lara is a mother, author, cutting- edge business strategist, podcast host, and guide to Six-Figure CEO’s worldwide. She is the original spokesperson for the six-figure, part-time lifestyle. Not even 30, Janelle has cracked the code to working less and making more, and she shares this code with her clients and community. Most importantly, Janelle is a wife and stay-at-home mother to two. Janelle has been featured on ABC, TaskShift, CEO Blog Nation, and The Market Like a Boss Podcast. She is proud of her partnership with The Exodus Road, an organization that puts boots on the ground to rescue victims of sex-trafficking.
Laura Spencer guides overwhelmed first time moms through the growing pains of early motherhood by helping them overcome their perfection induced anxiety, self-judgement, and desperate need for control so that they can confidently, compassionately and wholeheartedly embrace the new person they are becoming.
Jodi Congdon is a postpartum doula + lactation educator trainer and birth business consultant who owns a doula agency. She is also a member of the CAPPA Faculty as the Postpartum Doula and Lactation Educator Trainer for New England. She is also a Certified Health and Wellness Coach specializing in prenatal and postpartum women.
Jennifer Bronsnick is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker & Anxiety Treatment Specialist. She supports women and teen girls who struggle with anxiety, self-doubt & perfectionism tap into their innate resilience, get to the root of their fears and implement custom healing strategies so that they can experience peace of mind, more self-confidence and be liberated from the suffering that living with anxiety causes. Learn more about Jennifer and get a FREE Panic Attack Survival Guide at her website below.
*BRAND NEW - 18 Pages of Free Postpartum Nutrition Handouts*
Courses, tools, & resources for healing in Mamas & Providers
Are your symptoms being caused by postpartum depletion, or something else?
Postpartum University® Training for Professionals:
-Postpartum Nutrition Certification
- If you are in need of support, or have questions you can send an email to email@example.com OR you can reach out in The Postpartum Circle Facebook group.
Where to find me: postpartumu.com